- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 1 cup)
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-in. pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 15.5-oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped lacinato kale (about 2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in beans, cumin, and salt; cook, stirring often, until toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth; increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly reduced, about 6 minutes. Stir in kale and quinoa; cover and cook until kale and quinoa are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in oregano.