- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (I used a combination of green, yellow & red)
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ c. half & half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella or Italian-blend cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2½ c. dry French bread cubes
- Saute vegetables and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Whisk eggs, half & half, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Stir in cooked, crumbled bacon, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and bread cubes.
- Add the sautéed vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until puffed up and firm to the touch.
- Can be served hot, cold, or room temperature.