- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cook and stir cabbage into onion mixture until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
- Cook and stir until cabbage is tender, 3 to 5 more minutes.