- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley3 cups cooked Basmati or brown rice
- In a large stockpot, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes, stir in garlic granules.
- Combine chicken broth and flour and stir until smooth. Add to celery mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cayenne and Tabasco sauce. Add shrimp and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Makes 8 servings
*Scoop your rice into a flat-bottom cup, press down to mold, then put it on the plate. Makes a nice fancy presentation!