- 2½ cups mashed potatoes
- 1½ lbs of potatoes, about 4 medium-sized (preferably Yukon Gold)
- salt, pepper
- ½ cup farmer’s cheese or ricotta
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese, grated (you can use any cheese that you like)
- fresh parsley and chives, minced
- 2-4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- oil, for pan frying
- Peel the raw potatoes and grate on a box grater. Squeeze out all the moisture by placing the potatoes in a cheesecloth or kitchen towel and squeeze out all excess moisture.
- Combine the grated potatoes with the mashed potatoes. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, the farmer’s cheese, Mozzarella cheese, fresh herbs and heavy cream for the cheese filling. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. You can substitute ricotta or cottage cheese for the farmer’s cheese. Depending on how dry the cheese mixture will be, add more or less heavy cream, just enough for it to all come together smoothly. Enjoy!