- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (plus more for garnish)
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Slider buns
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 c. marinara
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place slider buns in a small baking pan. Using a paring knife, cut wells out of slider buns.
- Brush the insides of the bread with olive oil, then sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder into each well. Bake until the bread starts to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ½ cup Parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper then mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Roll into golf ball-sized balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pour enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot, add meatballs in a single layer and sear on all sides, until a nice crust forms, about 2 minutes per side. Pour marinara around the meatballs and reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid and simmer until the meatballs are mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon a meatball into each slider bun. Sprinkle all over with mozzarella and Parmesan, and bake until the cheese is melted, about about 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!