- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning + 1 teaspoon more
- 1/4 cup flour (use gluten free flour for gluten free version)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese: Mozzarella or Parmesan, or both
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 green onions chopped, only greens used
- freshly parsley, chopped
- lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning with flour. Pat the tops (skin side) of chicken thighs with this seasoning mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on high-medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken thighs skin side down and cook for about 4 minutes on high-medium heat until browned, uncovered. Sprinkle the other side of chicken with 1 teaspoon more of lemon seasoning. Flip the chicken thighs over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put chicken thighs skin side up (crispy side up) on the baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked, the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In the mean time, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce. Thoroughly clean and dry the skillet you used for cooking chicken thighs. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter on medium heat in this cleaned skillet. Add minced garlic and cook, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chicken stock and 1 teaspoon lemon seasoning to the skillet and bring to boil. Add heavy cream and bring to boil. Add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to simmer and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir in. Top with chopped green onions (chop up only green portion of green onions and don’t use white portion). Keep the sauce covered.
- The chicken should be cooked by now. Check it for doneness and if chicken is completely cooked through, add it to the skillet on top of the sauce and on top of green onions. Top with chopped parsley and decorate with a few slices of lemon.