- ¼ cup DeLallo extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 package DeLallo SaladSavors® Sharp flavor, with Asiago cheese, marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces Calabrese salami, or pepperoni, thinly sliced
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, dry mustard, thyme and oregano in a small jar and season with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake the dressing well.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and pour 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing on the chickpeas to marinated for 30 minutes and reserve the rest for later.
- Add the chopped lettuces to a large bowl. Chop the DeLallo SaladSavors™ artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes into bite size pieces. Add to the lettuces with the sliced Calabrese and half of the Asiago cheese. Add the chickpeas in the dressing to the lettuce mixture then pour about half of the reserved dressing over the lettuces and toss to coat. Add more dressing if desired. Enjoy!