- Fill a dutch oven with canola oil, at least 2 inches deep
- Heat oil over medium high heat until 350F
- Add the Mini Taco Boats to the oil 3-4 at a time, pressing down to make sure the boats fill with oil. Allow to fry until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined paper plate. Sprinkle lightly with taco seasoning and sea salt on each side.
- Repeat with all of the remaining chips. Set aside.
- In an 8 inch skillet, heat the ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook. When almost cooked through, add the green chiles and the remaining ½ packet taco seasoning (you should use about ½ a packet on the chips) and continue to stir while they cook and combine.
- Add in the cream cheese and chopped manchego, continuing to stir and combine all the ingredients. It will be bubbly and ooey gooey!
- Stir in the pico de gallo and reduce heat to low/medium.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and cilantro and allow to bubble until top cheese melts. Do not stir in the mozzarella, allow it to create a top crust on the dip.
- Top with more pico and serve warm with the fried Mini Taco Boats.
2 / 2