- 1 x 2 litre container of neapolitan ice-cream
- 12 pre-made vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- 200g of marie biscuits (or similar)
- 90g of butter
- 1 pack of white chocolate tim tams
- silver cachous to decorate – optional
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm round springform tin with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate Tim Tams and set aside until needed.
- Remove the ice-cream from the freezer and allow it to soften until it’s soft enough to work with, just don’t let it melt!
- In the meantime, cut the butter into small cubes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 second spurts until it has just melted.
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs and place them into a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Pour the biscuit mixture over the bottom of your prepared tin and push down with the back of a spoon to flatten.
- Remove the ice-cream sandwiches from their wrappers and place them around the edge of your tin to form a continuous circle – you may find you need to trim your last one to fit depending on the width of the ice-cream sandwiches – the size will vary between brands.
- Scoop out the chocolate ice-cream from the tub (putting the container back into the freezer) and spoon it on top of the biscuit base in your tin. Smooth the chocolate ice-cream layer with the back of a spoon and pop the tin back into the freezer for around 30 minutes or until the ice-cream is firm.
- Remove the ice-cream container and again allow it to soften (not melt) before removing the vanilla layer and placing it on top of the chocolate layer. Smooth to flatten the surface and place back into the freezer to firm.
- Repeat the above process to add the final strawberry layer to your ice-cream cake before sprinkling the white chocolate tim tam pieces on top.
- Cover your easy ice-cream cake with cling wrap and pop it back in the freezer overnight to completely set.
- Remove from the freezer when ready to serve. Enjoy!