- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- Zest from one lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish when serving
- In a dry pan, toast almonds until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium pan with a tight fitting lid, place all ingredients including the toasted almonds and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit five minutes then fluff.
- Serve with additional chopped cilantro