- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, combine the sugar, butter, and water.
- Microwave in 45 second increments until butter is melted.
- Add in the 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet) and stir until melted. *If not melting entirely, stick back into microwave for a few seconds.
- Stir mixture until completely combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Allow batter to cool off slightly, for about 5-10 minutes.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- Grease or line a muffin tray and fill each tin with batter, about 3/4 full.
- Place muffin tray in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Once brownie cups are baked, remove from oven and allow to cool off for about 5 minutes.
- If brownie centers do not cave in when cooling, use a tablespoon and gently press into the middle of each cup creating a small divot.
- Microwave the peanut butter until creamy and melted.
- Pour about 1 tbsp peanut butter into each brownie cup center. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.