- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until tender and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan, let it rest for a couple of minutes, then slice into small strips and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Sprinkle with flour, stirring quickly. Stir in the broth and milk. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, until mixture thickens- stirring occasionally. Stir in cheeses and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the skillet; cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, until chicken warms up.
- Arrange fettuccine on four plates. Top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with parsley.